C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Boss's Big Day!























































I had no idea how emotional I would be when I watched my son walk down the aisle of Memorial Auditorium last week.  Standing an inch taller than me in his blue robe with that silly grin on his face, he brought tears to my eyes.  It is hard to believe that Boston is now graduated from High School.  I watched with bitter sweet emotions as his mother helped him sign up for his first college classes.  It seemed like only yesterday I could hold him in my arms and rock him to sleep. I am sure he will think this is totally uncool if he happens to read this...but what kid goes to their old man's blog anyway! lol ...  

I have to say that I am proud of him.  He applied himself and finished a year early. It was a tough up hill battle for him but he did it and so I am a very proud father today.  I want to follow the example of my heavenly Father and say..."this is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased".

Fathers, are you encouraging your children.  There will be enough times that you have to rebuke, correct or advise your children so take advantage of the times that they accomplish to speak honor to them.  The Father spoke from heaven at the baptism of Jesus.  Before he began his earthly ministry he needed to hear the support from the Father.

We only have one life, and just a few short years with sons and daughters in the home before they launch out into the wild blue yonder, so, love em' while you can.  Let them hear how proud of them you are.  Sure they don't do everything right....but....uhhh....NEITHER DO WE!  So grab that son in a bear hug and say I love you and I am proud to be your dad.

Boston, I love you and I will always be there for you.

Congratulations!