C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Preaching in Lake Charles, La



Hey y'all, I am back in the land of my ancestors. Cajun Country!

I am preaching tomorrow in Lake Charles, La for Pastor Rick Treece (Apostolic Temple). It has been a long time since I have been in the pelican state. I felt a little nostalgia set in when I crossed the Sabine River and entered La. after flying into Houston. I am just sitting here thinking about how life unfolds. 22 years ago I moved to Lake Charles as a student of McNeese State University. So much of my life has changed since that Sunday afternoon. I went back down memory lane today as I drove down the streets that I use to cruise as an 18/19 year old teenager trying to find direction for my life. I had no idea where the road I would travel would take me. I came to this city with so many questions, so many dreams and so little wisdom, but God was my help. I am reminded of how Job said "He knows the way that I take". Even though I could not see His plan, God was working my life into position to accomplish his purpose. How many turns have led me back to this city, on this weekend, to preach to God's body?

In the words of one of my favorite Gospel singers (Marvin Sapp) "Never would have made it....without you". So, while my thoughts and emotions are buzzing with memory, God can I just say "Thanks, for all you have done for me".


(Maybe its just the boiled crawfish I just ate that is making me a little mushy tonight....)


Geaux Cowboys!