C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOU

Something Bigger than you - pastor myles young blogRecently I have been thinking about the words I heard Elder Charles Grisham (no relation to John) say years ago. He stated to a group of young preachers and pastors, "Do something everyday that will outlast you". Wow! This is really working on me. Isn't this what we are supposed to doing? Think about how much our life is spent working on stuff that really doesn't amount to a hill of beans (never figured out what that meant). How much energy, talent, time and money do we spend on temporal things? How much better would our personal world be if we just spent a little time on the things that will outlive us. Things like; our kids, our church, our spouse, our friends, our communities. I am currently reading a book that drove me to my knees early this morning. It is entitled Revolution in Missions by Dr. K.P. Yohannan. As I read a portion of this book today, I was overwhelmed by a sense of how little time we spend trying to save the world. Is there anything more important than the souls of lost humanity that will live forever somewhere (heaven or hell). Lets spend time today working on what really matters.

Labels: , ,