C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

Rev Curtis Young (left) - Pastor Myles Young Blog In my mind he could do anything. He could kick a football further than the entire NFL kicking staff. He could throw a softball underhanded faster than Nolan Ryan could overhanded. He was my dad. He had eyes in the back of his head because he always found out what I did even when he was not looking or out of town. I believed that God told him everything....and maybe he did. I never doubted my father's integrity one time. The older I get the more I realize how great my dad really was. He wasn't rich but I never went without. He always provided me with the things that I needed to become.
My dad was the very same man at home as he was in public. He was honest. He was steadfast. He was a hard-worker. He was a man with a burden for the work of God.
He was a man "driven" by the desire to please God even when pressure to compromise came against him.
I will not be able to spend Fathers Day with him, because He is still "driven" to do the work of God. He is pastoring in Oakland, Ca. and is on the road even as I write this. He is now playing a big role in so many different ministries and has become a mentor to great men such as are pictured above. He makes my heart pound with pride every time he calls me and tells me what God is doing in his ministry.
I know many sons who are pastoring churches that their fathers used to, but my Dad is pastoring the church that I started. That's pretty cool to me.
So Dad, lets meet for a "Sugar-free, vanilla, breve, breve latte" later and talk about how church went today. I love you....HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Labels: , , , , ,