C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Build It Right The First Time

Why didn't they do it right the first time? This is the question I have been asking myself over the last few days. As some of you may know, I am adding on to my house. Well, "my house" is somewhat of an overstatement, as I have been living in a one bedroom apartment over a garage so we are finally building "our house". 3 years ago we built what will become the "evangelist quarters" with plans to "add-on" to it. We went through a very tedious design process in order to meet all of the California building codes, not only for what we built 3 years ago but also for what we are now building.
The company that built the first phase failed to do some very important work that was necessary for the addition and as a result I am having to spend extra time and money fixing what should have been done at the beginning. I am sure you can tell I have a really good attitude about it....(Haha!).
While thinking about how the failure to follow the original plans has effected the future of my house, I cannot help but think of people I know that are not following God's plan for their future. So many are trying to take short-cuts in life and ministry. I know people that are in such a hurry to get to the next level of ministry that they have failed to take care of finishing the present duty at hand. Yeah, they covered up the missing parts of my house with mud and dry wall but when it came time to "grow" the support structure that was needed was missing. Be careful that you live life and perform ministry according to the blueprint of God's word and will. God intends on you becoming something greater and bigger than you are today, so don't "short-cut" yourself. Just go ahead and take the time to build your life and ministry right the first time. Its better and will cost you less in the long run.

Labels: , , , ,