C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Thursday, May 22, 2008

COMING HOME

Jazz Jubilee in Sacramento Airport - Pastor C Myles YoungIt had been quite a trip. A short-tempered ticket agent, long security lines made longer now that I have to go through additional screening since I have this bionic knee implant. Then we sat on the tarmac for an hour in the heat. Whew! What a flight! Finally, we landed in the fertile valley that is my home. I gathered my things, exited the plane and headed down the escalator to wait for my luggage at the carousel. Nearing the ground floor of baggage claim I heard the melodious sounds of a live jazz band. Suddenly, my day changed, I made my way toward the music and there to my surprise and pleasure was a jazz band from Hungary that is in town for the annual Jazz Jubilee. My spirits were lifted. I looked around at weary travelers with goofy grins on their faces as we forgot about our bags and were lost in the music of the moment. As I tore myself away, I muttered to myself...."It's good to be home". Now I am back in one of my favorite coffee houses and I am thinking about people coming back home. The scripture says that heaven rejoices when a sinner comes back home. I can almost hear them playing now. Think about the weariness of those life travelers that have been away from God for so long. Only God knows what they have had to go through to get back. I say we need to strike up the band and let the songs of celebration ring out so sweetly that they forget all the baggage they brought with them. I know, we still have stuff to take care of and bags to unpack and to put back in order, but for a little while let's enjoy the music.
(Just some musings from a minstrel who's feeling kinda sappy tonight)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,