C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Monday, July 21, 2008

Supernatural Grace

BJ Wilmouth, Stephen Benda & CM_Young at The Rock Church - CM Young Blog
Someone said "You will be the same person you are 5 years from now except for: 1. The books you read , 2. The places you go, 3. The people you meet". My life was greatly impacted last night when B.J. Wilmoth introduced me to Stephen Benda. Pastor Benda is from Monrovia, Liberia. What an incredible man of God. I was greatly moved as I listened to how God has been with him and the Church in Liberia but my mind was blown as I sat around the table and heard him tell story after story of his struggle during the war. This man has become a tremendous leader working with Elder Albert Stewart and the Church in Liberia. In the early 90's Liberia was thrown into a terrible time of war that lasted for 15 years. Stephen Benda continued to preach the gospel during this difficult time. He faced execution, his brother, sister and other family members were murdered by the rebels, he faced death everyday. I asked him "How do you sustain your faith when you face such issues for so long"? He looked at me and said "Oh my brother, God gives you supernatural grace. On my own, I would not have been able but God took away my fear". Supernatural Grace! What a thought! Thank you Stephen Benda for reminding me that my God can supply all of my needs. He will even supply my need for faith in my time of adversity. When my faith is not enough to sustain me, He provides "supernatural grace" that strengthens me. Let me encourage you today, if you are at the end of your rope...God has supernatural grace that will keep you from falling.

Labels: , , , , , , ,