C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Tuesday, December 1, 2009


I am sitting in a coffee house this morning drinking my "sugar-free vanilla soy latte"(I miss my carmel frap)...and I started looking around. The paintings in this place are pretty weak. Probably done by local art students or bought at one of those summer sidewalk art sales downtown. Besides that 1/2 of them don't even make sense....oh well, I guess that's "post-modern" art.

Is it just me or have any of you ever wondered if coffee shop managers go to a class on buying/playing terrible music. Wow! pretty bad this morning! Some of these singers should have kept their day job...oh that's right...they never had one!

I am looking at a chinese tree of some sort (my botany skills are a little lacking) that has been used to decorate the little sitting area next to a huge sign advertising lottery tickets. This is some quality decor!

But....I am here! And there has been a steady stream of people coming through the door. They make a good cup of joe and they are friendly folks.

Just thinking about the business of the kingdom. It may not be the fanciest or best decorated church in town, the music may not be the most cutting edge of the latest worship project from some weird haired praise band....but the real deal is "CAN YOU GET JESUS THERE"?

Jesus is the thing that they are looking for and the only way they will see him is through you. So make them feel loved, give a smile and handshake, and let them see how much you love Jesus and their will be a steady stream of folks coming "taste and see that the Lord is good"

Labels: , , , ,