C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Love On Display


Last night was a night I will not soon forget! I saw and felt an incredible heart moving response to the needs of others by the wonderful people that God has allowed me to pastor. I told the story of the the "Good Samaritan" with some supporting scriptures concerning sharing what we have received with those that have need. In a way that I cannot describe the sweet presence of the Lord filled the tabernacle. Our bus ministry director (Jennifer Pelton) had presented the church staff an opportunity to help the 170 children that ride the bus every Sunday. At the conclusion of my message, I presented the opportunity to TRC...I was blown away. People surged to the front to adopt a child from the bus. We all committed to pray, love and give them a gift this year for Christmas, but also to build a relationship with these children.

I could not hold back the tears as I thought about the love that was being displayed last night.

James 1:27
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,