C. Myles Young Rock Church Sacramento,CA E Group NO LIMITS Apostolic Preaching WPF

Musings of the Minstrel

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kids and Disneyland


Have you ever noticed that a child's excitement is contagious? This past weekend I was at a party with several young couples and their small children. All of us adults were talking and laughing and having a good time when 2 little girls came running over to me. They had just returned from Disneyland and they wanted to tell me all about it. In just a few moments we were all caught up in the sweet joy of their description of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. I watched the beaming smiles of the parents as their kids told the tales of the trip to Disney.

This week I have been thinking about the joy that our Heavenly Father must get when we tell others about what He has done for us. The sincerity and openness of those 2 cute kids touched all us that were gathered around. No wonder Jesus said "Suffer the little children to come unto me" and "except you become as a little child...". I experienced firsthand the power of a child's influence...it made me want to drive to Anaheim and take my family to Disneyland!

Lord, I pray for simple child-like faith and sincerity that brings a smile to your face.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,